Two new institutions from Canada are now part of the Accelerate network. Learn more about them below.
Brescia University College
Brescia University College is Canada’s only women’s university. All students undergo the ‘Brescia Bold’ cohort model course that teaches seven key competencies, namely Communication; Critical thinking; Inquiry & analysis; Problem-solving; Self-awareness & development; Social awareness & engagement; and valuing. Brescia teaches students to become intelligent, creative and passionate women leaders.
- Affiliated with Western University
- International students come from 36 countries and represent 13% of the student population
- 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Students are surrounded and mentored by women in leadership positions
- Many programs offer experiential learning, practicum placements or internships.
Known as Ontario’s Destination College because of its beautiful location and friendly community, Loyalist College provides students with a winning combination of high-quality education and a dynamic student life. The campus community fosters a culture of innovation, research and experiential learning that connects students with talented mentors and lifelong friends.
- Ranked as one of Canada’s top 50 research colleges and #1 in the country for industry research income as a percentage of total research in come
- Contributes 3.7 percent of the Gross Regional Product, representing $382 million annually to the regional economy – based on a March 2020 report by Emsi
- Has the highest graduate employment rate in Eastern Ontario and among the top with 100% employer satisfaction
- As part of its support for students, Loyalist College allocated $1 million to provide students with needs-based financial assistance due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Belleville has been ranked the fourth best community out of 415 in Canada by Maclean's annual rankings for top quality of life.